I'll review the whole series I guess...

Title: New Moon
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Genre: Romance, Fantasy, Paranormal

Summary: Bella goes to the Cullen's house to celebrate her birthday, but it doesn't go so well.  She gets a paper cut, making Jasper freak and Edward get defensive (again).  Edward decides to leave (supposedly) to keep Bella safe.  Bella gets depressed and just sits around doing nothing for at least 4 months, before she starts talking to Jacob again.  When she starts to open up, she starts to hear Edward's voice in her head when she does dangerous things, compelling her to do dangerous things more often.  But one of those 'dangerous things' go wrong and leads to Edward thinking Bella's dead.  Will Bella save Edward before it's too late?  And what about the relationship blooming between Bella and Jacob?

Rating:
Characters:  7/10
Plot: 7/10
Originality: 9/10
Age Rating: PG-13
Recommendation: 9/10

Review: I didn't read this book until at least half a year after Twilight so my memory was kind of dim when I started this.

Now, on the first review I said I was an Edward junkie when I read Twilight.  Well, I still was in New Moon so I didn't enjoy this book that much.

First, I could never understand why Edward left Bella.  Edward always seemed kinda smart, I mean he had a century worth of time, surely he didn't waste it, so I never figured out why he thought it would help to LEAVE.

Also, from the very beginning, I could see the threat Jacob posed to Edward and Bella, making me hate him.

The werewolf sub-plot was kind of annoying too at first.  All I could think was, "Oh great, more names to memorize." but it ended up being ok.

Also, to warn you all, the Volturi scene is super confusing and (at least for me) you probably won't be able to identify who's who even at the end of the book.