Title: Uglies
Author: Scott Westerfeld
Genre: Sci-Fi, Romance

Summary: Tally Youngblood is almost 16 and will finally get to join her former best friend Peris as a Pretty.  Tally is currently an ugly, but at 16 she will get a surgery that makes her beautiful so she can join other Pretties and party all day and all night.  But a few weeks before the surgery, Tally meets Shay, who makes Tally question the surgery and whether it really is as good as people say.  But when Tally is trapped with no choice but to go to a place called 'The Smokes' to find Shay and bring her back, she starts to learn the dangers of the surgery and tries to fight back people who always seem to be 2 or 3 steps ahead.

Rating:
Characters: 7/10
Plot: 8/10
Originality: 9/10
Age Rating: PG
Recommendation: 9/10

Review: I read this because it was on the bookshelf in my core.  I wasn't all that eager to read it at first, but my opinions changed soon enough.

Tally was an ok main character, certainly more enjoyable than Bella.

I'd also like to praise Scott for being SO much better at action scenes and making up clever ways for characters to counter enemies which are obviously way stronger than them.

Shay annoyed the heck out of me, she was SUCH a drama queen.
David was ok, but he wasn't my favorite.

The ending was Pure cliff-hanger material and it annoyed ton but it didn't bother me that much, only made me want to read the next book more